Luxury bride Pippa is here with her first post today, all about the wonderful beauties that are designer shoes. Sparkles, vintage, something blue – you name it, Pippa has you covered :)
Hello all you gorgeous ‘Cwtchers’. I was so excited to be asked to be your ‘Luxury Bride’ and even more excited to be writing my first post to you all. Not just because I now have a legitimate excuse to stare wantonly at beautiful things all day (all for research purposes of course) but also because it gives me a chance to re-live some of the excitement my (now) husband, Mr P & I had in the build up to our wedding back in August.
I didn’t have to think long before coming up with an idea for my first ‘touch of luxury’ post. If you are anything like me, when pay day comes around all I can think about is shoe shopping…so where better to start?
When looking for bridal shoes I knew I wanted something special, a touch of designer luxury to step (quite literally) into married life in the most exquisite pair of shoes I own. I had dreamt about having a sneaky glimpse of that gorgeous red sole we all know and love when kneeling at the altar, or maybe tottering down the aisle in the most sparkly glittery heels by Gina or even slipping on some equally fabulous flats courtesy of Ms Seth to dance the night away…just how is a girl to choose?
After much painstaking research (hours of shoe shopping) I opted to say “I do in Choo”! I justified this to Mr P (and myself) by choosing a style I would wear again and again. In fact, I would wear them so often they would become the most reasonable item of clothing in my wardrobe based on cost per wear (£/wear).
Have I worn them since you may ask? Well, that’s beside the point…they’re just so pretty to look at and worth every penny! If you are like me and want to go all out on some fancy footwear, take a peek at these little beauties to see if I can tempt you into a little luxury for your big day…it’s a bride’s prerogative after all!
Can’t see the galleries? If you are reading via email please click the title above to read on the web.
- Aruna Seth, Lynn Heel (as worn by Pippa Middleton at her sister’s Royal wedding) – £625
- Aruna Seth, Cerise Wedge -£750
- Harriet Wilde, Marina Daisy – £449
- Badgley Mischka, Daryn – $225
- Kate Spade, Shalyn Heel – £328
- Freya Rose, Della Sky Blossom – £425
- Aruna Seth, Farfalla Heel Silver Glitter – £625
- Gina, Gita – £785
- Gina, Rox – £595
- Jimmy Choo, Lace – £375
- Jimmy Choo, Dempsey – £595
- Christian Louboutin, Fifi Strass Suede Burma – £2095
- Harriet Wilde, Bridgette – £375
- Badgley Mischka, Davida II – $245
- Freya Rose, Ennis – £395 (a limited edition style so you will need to be quick ladies)
- Gina, Quincey – £745
- Gina, Tatum – £895
- Jimmy Choo, Isabel – £360
(A big bridal trend continuing into 2014 – blush tones)
- Aruna Seth, Candy – £695 (A Cwtch Favourite)
- Aruna Seth, Farfalla Rose Satin – £595
- Badgley Mischka, Randall – $200
- Kate Spade, Copley – $798
- Christian Louboutin, So Kate Patent – Currently sold out
- Christian Louboutin, Very Richie – £2395 (well a girl can dream)
A Touch of Vintage
- Jimmy Choo, Agnes – £375
- Emmy, Francesca – £695 (Victoria Pendleton’s wedding shoes)
- Emmy, Elizabeth – £450
- Harriet Wilde, Sakura – £450
- Badgley Mischka, Doris – $295
- Manolo Blahnik, Swan – £840
- Aruna Seth, Farfalla Powder Blue – £595
- Aruna Seth, Cerise Heel Royal Blue – £755
- Badgley Mischka, Buzz – $225
- Manolo Blahnik, Hangisi Jewel Satin Pump – £630 (Carrie, SATC, said “I do” in Manolo’s “Something Blue”)
- Kate Spade, Charm – $328
- Kate Spade, Grande Bow – $598 (well it’s ‘Tiffany’ blue!)
- Aruna Seth, Liana – £405
- Kate Spade, Neisha – $350
- Christian Louboutin, Lady Strass – £895
- Christian Louiboutin, Gozul Strass – £1995
- Gina, Evana – £595
- Manolo Blahnik, Hangisi Jewel Satin Flats – £620
If you love high end brands but equally love a bargain, keep an eye out for top designer sample sales which usually take place at the end of the spring & autumn seasons. Gina usually have a fantastic one in Kensington but I have also been equally fortunate to stumble across the odd Jimmy Choo & Jenny Packham sale. It may mean taking a trip to London and sharpening your elbows but it can save you £££’s!
Hope you’ve enjoyed my first post as a Cwtch girl! :)