I love sharing good news on Cwtch the Bride. Wales is full of some incredibly talented people, many of which I have the pleasure to photograph and work alongside. Today, I’m really pleased to share the news that one of my brides-to-be, Charlotte Cooke of Hilary’s Floral Design (who’s getting married in September) has just won GOLD at this years Chelsea Flower show!
Charlotte Cooke works at Hilary’s Floral Design, Abergavenny, South Wales. She was RHS Young Chelsea Florist of the year medallist – Bronze in 2011 & Silver in 2012 as well as Interflora florist of the Future! This is one very talented lady.
The Interflora network has a wealth of extremely talented florists. This year they wanted to shine a light on the next generation (charlotte being one of them). This gives their young florists a platform to showcase their amazing skills and expertise. Interflora selected five of the best up and coming florists from across the country to create their 2014 design exhibit.
They were selected for their passion, floristry skills and creativity and had won awards in competitive floristry. The team were working under the guidance of David Ragg, an Interflora florist and previous RHS Chelsea Gold medal winner.
Title of piece : Succession
- Is a striking design and a fresh take on floristry
- Consists of five wire frames, each beautifully adorned with flowers and suspended from an elliptical canopy to give the impression that they are floating
- Each frame is internally lit
- Mirrors on the base of the exhibit enable visitors to view inside the frames
- Each frame took the five florists two days to construct and attach all the flowers and foliages
- Common features connect the frames giving the exhibit a clean, contemporary and cohesive appearance.
We are super proud of you Charlotte!
If you’re a bride-to-be and searching for an amazing florist. May we point you in Charlotte’s direction. Not only is her work beautiful but she’s a genuinely lovely lady to work with.