We are joined today by our friends at To Have and to Hire. If buying a designer wedding dress is out of your price range, or if you would prefer a much ‘greener’ option, these are the ladies for you. Based in Castle Arcade in Cardiff, (the home of some of the best wedding suppliers in Cardiff!) this is one bridal boutique you really need to visit. They will also be joining us at CWTCHFEST later this month!
Here is Annie from To Have and to Hire to tell you why you should consider hiring a wedding dress.
What are the advantages of hiring a wedding dress?
There are countless ways in which wedding dress hire could be a bigger option for brides today – the most obvious being the level of financial saving to be made (in comparison to a purchase). But there are other advantages from hiring with us, that you just don’t get from the traditional route..
Why we’re different, and why it could work for you
- Have access to over 25 celebrated designers and over 70 wedding dresses in one studio space
- Sample wedding dresses already tailored to UK dress size – no need to imagine
- Benefit from 2 hours of advice and guidance on body shape vs couture style
- Work your way through our extensive accessory collection – perfecting your day/night look
- Take as many photographs as you need to help your decision
- Benefit from an itemised written summary provided after every fitting
- Stress free – no need to organise dry cleaning, pay for storage or book alterations
- Running out of time? Hire a wedding dress at the last minute
- Getting married away from home or abroad? Hire a dress nationally, or internationally. We courier!
- Fallen in love with another dress that arrived after yours? – change your mind!
- Boost your Eco – friendly credentials. More economical use of funds, chemicals and fabrics.
- We signpost to suppliers we love to fit your wedding theme, genre or budget
- And many more….
At the studio, we’re always stressing the point that wedding dresses are not a once-only item. Brides are sold the idea that their wedding dress is fragile and vulnerable to damage. This is simply not the case for the most part. Wedding dresses are way more robust that people think, and can look stunning time and time again – with the right kind of preparation and care.
We provide our service thanks to a wonderful collection of new brides (‘lenders’) who are happy to share their dresses of exceptional quality in return for a 50% return of the hire fee.
So, in a nutshell they’ve already paid the designer price tag so others don’t have to – and we couldn’t do it without their faith in what we are trying to achieve. We owe it all to them really. Women helping other women – it’s a great way to work..
What do you think ladies? If you are interested in hiring a wedding dress, or even offering your own dress for hire, visit To Have and to Hire at their studio:
To Have & To Hire
7-9 The Balcony
To Have and to Hire will be exhibiting at CWTCHFEST on the 19th of this month. For more information and to buy tickets to what promises to be the best wedding festival Wales has ever seen, click the link below.